The 2017 Swansea Bay Tourism Awards judging process is based on the awards criteria, the nomination / entry form received and on the evidence provided to the judging panel – if we receive multiple nominations / entries for your business we will use those ‘extra comments’ in a similar fashion to positive customer feedback comments.
In the initial short listing process… we look at your online presence – website, use of social media, review sites such as… TripAdvisor, online customer interaction, and phone mystery shopping – to form our initial opinion of your business. With most finalists it is possible you will receive a visit.
Members of the judging panel are drawn from businesses from across the Swansea Bay area and represent a wide variety of sectors and business types. Each member has a strong reputation in their field and a number of judges are past award winners.
The Judges strive to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times. The success of the Swansea Bay Tourism Awards has in part been built on the total honesty of the judging process and this is handled with great care. So, for example, where a judge has a connection to a business making an application in an award category, they will stand aside from any involvement in the judging of that category.
Conditions of Entry
- Entry is free
- You can be nominated or enter more than one category
- All information will be treated confidentially and will be used only for the purposes of Swansea Bay Tourism Awards
- Swansea Bay Tourism Awards 2017 (and their partners / sponsors) cannot be held responsible for the non-receipt or loss of any nominations / entries. The closing date is the 8th September – you can call / email to confirm receipt up until the 15th Finalists will be notified by the 6th October 2017 – winners will be announced at the awards dinner on the 9th November 2017 – a list of winners will be available on the 10th November 2017
- You agree to take part in any publicity arranged by the Swansea Bay Tourism Awards
- Nominations / Entries will not be accepted after the deadline – 8th September 2017 – finalists will be notified by the 6th October 2017 – winners will be announced at the awards dinner on the 9th November 2017 – you can see a list of winners on swanseabaytourismawards.co.uk on the 10th November 2017.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into